Monster Squad is a new Seattle studio established by team members from the Torchlight and Borderlands series. We’re a small team of accomplished and motivated developers who strive to be more than our roles. We keep a flat structure, communicate openly, and work together to build an experience our players will love.
As a Backend Programmer at Monster Squad you will write and integrate online services. Code network features and optimize performance around an action-driven multiplayer game. Contribute your expertise on a multi-disciplinary team of artists, designers and programmers that support bringing each other’s ideas to life.
- You will write code for the online game services we grow with our community.
- Work with other team members to develop and deploy a scalable backend with low latency.
- Integrate licensed online services, manage deployment, and launch our game on multiple platforms.
- 3+ years of experience developing distributed systems and secure networking for online games.
- Written code in C++ (we are working in Unreal 4).
- Excel at open, honest and above all, empathetic communication across all disciplines.
- You are a creative problem solver who loves collaborating with other highly motivated individuals.
- UE4 Experience
- Have integrated network features from backend platform providers (i.e. PlayFab, GameSparks), gaming platforms (Steam, Discord, PSN) and devices (Xbox, PlayStation, etc..).
- You have developed and deployed scalable applications on cloud platforms (Google, AWS, Azure).
- Work with a team of developers who inspire each other to build the next big thing. We're also really nice people.
- We encourage individual responsibility and believe those doing the work are usually most informed to decide.
- You will help shape who we are along with the games we build.
Monster Squad is a startup committed to our employees. We care deeply about building a culture of trust and support that looks out for our team's well-being. We offer comprehensive benefits, flexible work hours, and self-directed open PTO.
As an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Interested? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume.